NVHS spent less than 8% on overhead expenses in 2011.
Search and Rescue:
1. Over 100 homeless veterans continuously assisted at any point in time across all of Brevard
2. 16 homeless veterans directly assisted into housing
3. Aid Distributed:
445 Bikes, 3789lbs of Food, 630 Health and Hygiene Kits, 307 pairs of boots, 337 tents, 397 backpacks, 427 sets of rain gear, 362 tarps (in lieu of tents)
1. 255 veterans provided 2 hot meals, medical care, employment assitance, legal assistance, outdoor gear, clothing housing assistance, haircuts/showers,dental care, and access to dozens of community based and government organizations
1. During our 2011 Warm Full Safe event we were able to place 51 homeless veterans and their significant others into hotels for 2 nights in Titusville, and for the first time Palm Bay, for Christmas Eve/Day where they were provided 3 holiday meals a day and gifts of outdoor gear and grocery gift cards.
2. $50 Publix Gift Cards were provided to 12 veterans that refused to leave their camps
3. 4 of the 51 homeless veterans became the first residents in our new transitional home in Titusville
4. 40 homeless veterans were provided traditional holiday meal for Thanksgiving in a park in Palm Bay
1. First transitional home for NVHS opened Christmas 2011, capacity to provide 4 veterans emergency and transitional housing, with the first 4 veterans being selected form our 3 Annual Warm Full Safe Event