NVHS had another successful year in 2012. Our overhead expenses were kept at only 10% of our total expenses (in other words, 90 cents for every dollar spent went to programs to assist homeless veterans). As NVHS grows financially, our services to our veterans continue to grow as well. Thank you for all your support in 2012!
Search and Rescue:
– 232 Homeless Veterans were provided basic needs such as clothing, food and outdoor gear, as well as referral services to housing, VA, and employment specialists
– 1st Search and Rescue team established outside of Brevard County begins activity in Bithlo, Florida
– Hosted at Disabled American Veterans Chapter 109 in Titusville AND American Legion Post 117 in Palm Bay simultaneously on October 13, 2013 (first Stand Down ever in South Brevard County). 194 veterans assisted between the two events.
– 1st time Stand Down Events in Daytona Beach and Palm Bay, combined provided Stand Down services to 138 homeless veterans.
– Grants issued for Stand Down events in Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, and Palmetto, providing assistance to 576 homeless veterans in their local communities
– 325 meals distributed to low income families and homeless individuals during Thanksgiving 2012, prepared and packaged by 30+ volunteers at our Titusville Transitional Facility
– 58 Homeless Veterans and their dependents were provided hotel stay December 24 through morning of December 26th, 3 hot meals per day, grocery gift cards, and new field gear and clothing
– 9 female veterans at a female veteran transitional facility in Port St. John were provided $100 Visa Gift Cards
– 13 Low-Income Veteran Families nominated by the community were provided $500 each in support ranging from bill payments to gift cards
– Total of 17 children whose parents were provided support above were provided presents of toys
– 11 homeless veterans were provided a place to live and supportive services over the course of 2012