The Brevard Homeless Coalition will be conducting our annual Point in Time Count on January 28, 2019 throughout the entire county. An accurate Point in Time Count is important for Federal, State, and local Agencies’ planning and decision making. The goal of the Brevard Homeless Coalition is to end all Homelessness by 2020. We are beginning to see an increase in homelessness due to the lack of affordable housing in our community.
The Brevard Homeless Coalition is looking for volunteers to conduct surveys on this day and coordinate donations of socks, hygiene products and other items, such as bus passes to hand out to the homeless during the count. If you are interested please contact Volunteers of America Florida at 321-806-2669. Drop off centers for donations include Volunteers of America offices in Palm Bay and Cocoa, Central Brevard Sharing Center and South Brevard Sharing Center. Sign up as a 2019 Point in Time Count (Homeless Census) Volunteer Here!
Training for Volunteers is as scheduled:
1. Wednesday, January 16th at 2:00pm Central Brevard Sharing Center-113 Aurora Street, Cocoa
2. Thursday, January 17th at 10:00am Harry T. Moore Social Service Center-725 South Deleon Ave, Titusville
3. Friday, January 18th at 10:00am South Brevard Sharing Center-17 E Hibiscus Blvd, Melbourne
4. Saturday, January 19th @ 10:00am Volunteers of America Florida-906 Peachtree Street, Cocoa
5. Wednesday, January 23rd at 10:00am Mosaic Church-2100 Port Malabar Blvd., Palm Bay